Back to Listing
Grains / Granola
> Basmathi Pusa 1121 (1kg) (India)
Basmathi Pusa 1121 (1kg) (India)
Facts on Basmati Rice 1121
Rice remains a staple food for the majority of the world's population. Rice is very nutritious and contains large number of carbohydrates. Around two third of the world’s population rely on the nutritional benefits of the rice.
The nutritional value of rice can be measured by the facts given below :
- Excellent source of carbohydrates : Rice is a great source of complex carbohydrates, which is an important source of the fuel required for our body.
- Good energy source : Carbohydrates are broken down to glucose, most of which are used as an important source of energy required for doing exercise. It is also an essential ingredient for brain.
- Low fat, Low salt, No cholesterol : Rice is healthful for what it does not contain. Rice has no fat, no cholesterol and is sodium free. Rice is an excellent food to include in a balanced diet.
- Good source of natural nutrients : A good source of vitamins and minerals such as thiamine, niacin, iron, riboflavin, vitamin D, calcium, and fiber.
- Low sugar & No gluten : Rice is gluten free, which makes rice the essential choice for people with gluten free dietary requirements.
- Free from additives and preservatives : Rice doesn’t contain any type of additives or preservatives, which makes it an effective inclusion in a healthy and balanced diet.
- Contains resistant starch : Rice also contains resistant starch, which reaches the bowel undigested. This encourages the growth of beneficial bacteria, keeping the bowel healthy.
- Non-allergenic & Cancer prevention : Whole grains (such as brown rice) contain high amounts of insoluble fiber-the type of fiber some scientists believe may help protect against a variety of cancers.
- Rice is a low-sodium food for those with hypertension. It is a fair source of protein containing all eight amino acids.
You might be interested in...