Back to Listing
Grains / Granola
> Quick Oats (1kg) (Australia)
Quick Oats (1kg) (Australia)
HEALTH BENEFITS OF OAT
Scores of studies have documented the many health beneﬁts of oats:
- Eating oats helps lower LDL “bad” cholesterol and may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Oats help you feel fuller longer, which helps control your weight.
- Oatmeal and oats may help lower blood pressure.
- Oats may help reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes, since their soluble ﬁber helps control blood sugar.
- Oats help cut the use of laxatives, without the side eﬀects associated with medications.
- Oats are high in beta-glucans, a kind of starch that stimulates the immune system and inhibits tumors. This may help reduce your risk of some cancers.
- Early introduction of oats in children’s diets may help reduce their risk of asthma.
- Oats are higher in protein and healthy fats, and lower in carbohydrates than most other whole grains.
- Oats contain more than 20 unique polyphenols called avenanthramides, which have strong anti-oxidant, anti-inﬂammatory, and anti-itching activity.
You might be interested in...